West Central Nebraska Development District, Inc.
The West Central Nebraska Development District, Inc. (WCNDD) was formed over 30 years ago to provide community and economic development within an 18 county-wide region in western and southwestern Nebraska. WCNDD operates exclusively for charitable, educational, religious, or scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
WCNDD’S objective is to join together as an economic development district the local governments within the geographical area of Thomas, Logan, Lincoln, McPherson, Hooker, Grant, Arthur, Keith, Perkins, Dawson, Hayes, Chase, Frontier, Dundy, Hitchcock, Red Willow, Furnas and Gosper counties. Its objective also is to promote economic development; to qualify for federal, state, and local government programs; to promote intergovernmental cooperation, through communication, planning, policy making, coordination and technical assistance, strengthen local units of government; address issues and needs which cross city, county and state boundaries; participate in identifying and prioritizing local and regional problems; advise local officials on trends in state and federal programs and the availability of state and federal funding; to create joint service opportunities; provide technical, administrative and professional services; eliminate duplication and promote efficiency in local government.
WCNDD is governed by an eight-member Board, which consists of regional leaders that meet monthly and provide direction to the Director through an annual strategic planning process.
The Director is the chief administrator of the District and oversees daily operations.
To be considered for the executive director position, candidates must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study including planning, economic development, economics, public or business administration or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
- Have an understanding of community and economic development needs within the region;
- Possess a keen knowledge of grant writing and the administration of state and federal funding;
- Promote membership in the organization;
- Collaborate with membership for project development;
- Exercise participative management skills that support team efforts and quality processes, and work well with a wide variety of personalities;
- Have the ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with organization contacts and the general public;
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget;
- Have knowledge of QuickBooks for Nonprofits;
- Have supervisory skills to oversee a staff of four;
- Have the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Certified Grant Administrator Certification;
- Be an active member of the Nebraska Regional Officials Council (NROC);
- Attend evening meetings as necessary and possess a valid driver’s license;
- Act as the property manager of indoor and outdoor surfaces at 333 East 2nd Street, which consists of a 16,800 sq. ft. business office (housing business incubator tenants, a co-working space, and apartment);
- Be engaged in a wide variety of community and regional activities to improve regional competitiveness, stimulate economic growth, and enhance community vitality.
Hours of work
- This FTE position is located in the Ogallala, Neb., office. Work hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Evening meetings and some overnight travel for meetings in and out of the state may be required.
Type of Employment
- This is an at-will, exempt salary basis position.
Benefits following a 90-day probation period
- 1.2.5 Cafeteria Plan. WCNDD contributes $500 during the fiscal year and employee may contribute pre-tax up to $1,900 per year. This can be used for co-pays, prescriptions, and some over the counter flu medications. This cannot be used for payment of any insurance premiums.
- Sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Retirement (after 12 months of employment)
- Dependent upon experience
WCNDD is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com
Note Executive Director Search Committee in the subject line.
or mail to:
West Central Nebraska Development District
Executive Director Search Committee
PO Box 599
Ogallala, NE 69153